Sunday, September 10 from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Vanessa Hernandez of Ask The Trees will be joining us for a special spoon making course. Join us on Sunday, September 10from 5-8pm for an evening of spoon carving basics.
For beginners and experienced alike, this course will cover techniques for safe knife handling, how to carve a spoon out from raw wood, tips on selecting & sourcing carving wood with additional education on maintaining wooden kitchen wares & sharpening carving knives. You’ll leave with your newly carved creation, notepad & custom pencil, a blank hardwood block for your next carving session and all the knowledge you’ll need to recreate this project - this class is not to be missed!
Your ticket includes:
- 3 Hours of instruction and hands - on studio time, in a small group setting (max. of 10 students)
- Basic knowledge of carving methods and tool use
- A single hardwood spoon blank for carving during course, plus one additional spoon blank to take home
- Rental of hook knife and straight knife for carving
- Tin of Handmade Wood Balm & Sandpaper for finishing
- Locally made notebook and custom Ask the Trees pencil for note taking during course and to take home
Ages 15 to adult welcomed & snacks and drinks will be provided.
$70 to attend
$120 for 2 seats
About the Instructor, Vanessa :
Vanessa Hernandez is a self-taught spoon carver who owns and operates Ask The Trees, a Durham-based business that specializes in creating unique and functional wares for the kitchen from locally found wood. Her hope is that every Ask The Trees piece will act as a reminder of the many gifts trees provide.
Workshop size is limited to 10 people. No refunds or exchanges.
The ZEN Succulent
125 E Parrish Street
Suite 100 A
Durham, NC 27701