Join us for a special flower arranging workshop in the height of spring! Durham designer, McCausland, will guide you in the basic tenants of floral design, from care to arranging, using flowers and greenery from your local grocer and your own backyard. With her seventeen years of experience in retail and large scale event floral design, she will discuss several different techniques and styles to make a beautiful arrangement.
For all skill levels, ages 15 and up, this introductory course will include how to prepare and care for your fresh materials, where to place and how to stabilize them, and basic design schemes to compliment different containers.
You’ll leave with your own floral arrangement, sturdy ceramic vase and floral shears, notepad and all the knowledge you’ll need to recreate this project.
Your ticket includes:
- 2 Hours of instruction and hands - on studio time, in a small group setting (max. of 10 students)
- Basic knowledge of floral arrangement methods and tool use.
- All flowers & greenery used during the course
- Ceramic Vase and floral shears to start your floral tool kit
- Rental of all additional tools for floral arranging
- Locally made notebook for note taking during course and to take home
Ages 15 to adult welcomed & locally made pies and tea will be provided.
$150 for 2 seats
Workshop size is limited to 10 people. No refunds or exchanges.
*** Basic manual dexterity is necessary to complete a design; please let us know if you need special assistance to complete your design. Also, please let us know if you have any allergies or sensitivities to any particular plant materials.