Vanessa Hernandez of Ask The Trees will be joining us for a special spoon making course. Join us on Sunday, November 13th from 5-8pm for an evening of spoon carving basics.
For beginners and experienced alike, this course will cover techniques for safe knife handling, how to carve a spoon out from raw wood, tips on selecting & sourcing carving wood with additional education on maintaining wooden kitchen wares & sharping carving knives. You’ll leave with your newly carved creation, notepad & custom pencil, a blank hardwood block for your next carving session and all the knowledge you’ll need to recreate this project - this class is not to be missed!
Your ticket includes:
- 3 Hours of instruction and hands - on studio time, in a small group setting (max. of 10 students)
- Basic knowledge of carving methods and tool use
- A single hardwood spoon blank for carving during course, plus one additional spoon blank to take home
- Rental of hook knife and straight knife for carving
- Tin of Handmade Wood Balm & Sandpaper for finishing
- Locally made notebook and custom Ask the Trees pencil for note taking during course and to take home
Ages 15 to adult welcomed
Snacks and drinks will be provided.
$88 to attend
$155 for 2 seats